..NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks & Risk Assessment (RAW)
This qualification has been designed to assist staff or volunteers involved in managing workplace risks and who undertake risk assessments, to confidently identify sensible and proportionate precautions to control the risks in the workplace. The syllabus and accompanying workbook have been developed by NEBOSH, in conjunction with Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and is based on published HSE guidance.
On completion of the course, learners will
• Understand that risk management is about taking practical steps to protect people from real harm and suffering rather than a bureaucratic back covering exercise.
• Understand how to identify hazards that may need controlling and the resources that can be
used to assist in this.
• Use simple, HSE tools and methods to confidently manage risk in a low to medium risk premises
• Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible manner.
Who is the qualification designed for?
Anyone involved in managing workplace health and safety risks including those who undertake risk assessments. The content will be particularly useful to employers, managers, supervisors, SHE champions and union and health and safety representatives.
Benefits for Learners
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risk and Risk Assessment at Work is an introductory level
qualification structured around the health and safety regulator for Great Britain, the Health and
Safety Executive’s approach to controlling the risks caused by workplace hazards.
You will learn how to
• Identify hazards and be aware of some of the resources that can help
• Assess risks in low to medium risk premises using simple HSE tools
• Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible manner
• Identify suitable control measures
Benefits for employers
• Have confidence as your team will be trained in HSE’s current approach to health and safety risk
• Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house risk management expertise
• Upskill your teams so they can carry out risk assessments in the right way and to the right standard
• Create a safe and healthy work environment
Complete risk assessment case study which identifies a range of identified hazards and meets best practice standards (‘suitable and sufficient’).