This Fire Warden one day course is designed for any person who has been allocated with fire safety responsibilities in the prevention of fires and implementation of fire evacuations should a fire occur.
The course programme includes:-
- Fire Legislation
- Fire Precautions
- Triangle of Fire
- Fire Behaviour – How a fire spreads
- Common Causes of Fire
- Duties of a Fire Warden
- Fire Action Routines to ensure full and safe evacuation
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Types / classifications of Fire Extinguishers.
- Daily Inspection Exercise (to include spotting and reporting hazards)
- Assessing fire risk
There will be a practical exercise that will involve:-
- Selecting & operating the appropriate extinguishers:-
- Use of carbon dioxide, dry powder, water and foam extinguishers.
- Gas operated simulation equipment to include waste paper bin, computer and chip pan fire.
Scheduled Dates Fire Warden
Fire Warden Duration: 1 day Useful Information: