NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
By learning lessons and making improvements, organisations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future.
Who should take the NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation?
- anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively
- Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives
What will I be able to do after taking the qualification?
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
What will my employers gain from my qualification?
- Drive down repeat incidents – learn lessons so it doesn’t happen again
- Confidence that your organisation’s approach to investigations is robust
- Improved safety culture by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation
- Build in – company expertise
- An approach to incident investigations that reflects best practice
What does the course cover and how is it assessed?
This one day course covers the following topics:-
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video a of three witness interviews. You will be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of an incident.
RCES (UK) Ltd, a proud NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner can provide this course in-house at the clients venue.
To book your course please get in touch via this website, or email email@example.com with delegate numbers, venue address and preferred dates.