HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
By learning lessons and making improvements, organisations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future.
Who should take the NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation?
- anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively
- Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives
What will I be able to do after taking the qualification?
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
What will my employers gain from my qualification?
- Drive down repeat incidents – learn lessons so it doesn’t happen again
- Confidence that your organisation’s approach to investigations is robust
- Improved safety culture by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation
- Build in – company expertise
- An approach to incident investigations that reflects best practice
What does the course cover and how is it assessed?
This one day course covers the following topics:-
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video a of three witness interviews. You will be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of an incident.
RCES (UK) Ltd, a proud NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner can provide this course in-house at the clients venue.
To book your course please get in touch via this website, or email email@example.com with delegate numbers, venue address and preferred dates.